Courage to be brilliant
Hi there my friends,
Einstein said we’re all born geniuses, so why do we still let ourselves be inhibited by the fear of judgement and issues of confidence?
I am sure we all have this in common, the challenge of dealing with a difficult client or head of hair that totally intimidated us. I have learned that the journey to being a great hairdresser also means failing! I feared failing so much in my early career that at times it inhibited my creativity. Now in my maturity I value all my mistakes as they were very valuable lessons to learn and grow from.
Ever said this to yourself? “I’m worried about making a mistake.”
This reminds me of the famous quote from Thomas Edison, who invented the lightbulb;
“I have not failed, I have discovered 10,000 ways that don’t work.”
When you are being creative there is no such thing as failure only feedback on how to improve, that’s why I still practice on a Mannequin head!
Here are my top 10 tips for challenging situations and how to grow in the face of adversity.
- Breath – slow deep breaths are so powerful in calming you down so that you can think and not react.
- Step away – excuse your self so that you can calm your emotions and then better make a new plan.
- Face the truth and reality of the situation. What is not working? Why is it not working? Determine a solution.
- Belive in your intuitive voice, which may waved a red flag long before the situation got out of control.
- Seek wise council – this is when a great team is worth their wait in gold.
- learn move on, bring the lesson with you into your future, but leave the drama behind where it belongs.
- Stay humble, be hungry to learn and grow.
- Be flexible, you may have a great idea but today may not be the best time for the idea, listen, learn and be adaptable.
- Strive for your very best, but don’t beat yourself up trying to be perfect.
- Seek contentment and ambition. Contentment is your reward and gratitude. Ambition is the fire to grow, and the balance of both is mastery.
I hope you have found this helpful,I look forward to helping your more online or at my 2016 workshops www.hairdesignertv.com All the Best Vivienne Mackinder founder of HairDesignerTv.com